Sorry for the long break! Here are some of the things I’ve been working on over the last 2 months:
I built a new TV stand to match the coffee table we built last year. I used the German equivalent of 2x4s plus some plumbing pipe and floor flanges. I think it turned out well, the stain matches the table almost exactly. It was definitely a little more complicated to build here since all of the products are in German and they don’t use a lot of metal pipes here (mostly they use PVC) so I had to order those from Amazon.
I also made this sign for our kitchen using a precut board and some supplies I had left over from other projects. I used 1 light coat of dark stain left from the TV stand, white washed it with a mixture of left over white paint and water and then used a Pinterest tutorial for the lettering. You just print out the wording that you want from any printer (mirror image it in Word before you print) and then lay each letter face down on the board, wet it a little bit and then use something to press and go over all parts of the letters (I used the back end of a sharpie going horizontally down each letter). Here is the tutorial if anyone is interested:
I’m still trying to decide whether to leave the letters the way they are or go over them in black to make them darker.
I also painted some mason jars to use as planters on our porch, I’m starting a garden with some herbs and some flowers that are supposed to repel mosquitoes. I’ll post pictures once I get that finished:)